Thank you for your interest in being part of the Purnell community. Our mission is to foster a learning environment where girls are empowered to discover and develop their own unique potential and have the ability to receive academic support世界杯投注 specifically tailored to their needs. You’ll discover a community that is extremely dedicated to that mission!
Purnell School seeks candidates for the position of STEM Teacher. This is a full-time, long-term position beginning in mid-August, 2020. Candidates should be committed to being a part of a nurturing community of educators who strive to create an enriching, dynamic, supportive, and multisensory learning environment for bright girls who learn differently. The ideal candidate will be well-rounded and flexible in the STEM field.
Founded in 1963, Purnell enjoys a long history of progressive, college preparatory education for girls who learn differently. Purnell is distinguished by our Learning & Wellness approach to all academic and student life experiences, our student-centered teaching and learning, and our warm and caring community.
- Provide effective and supportive instruction for students with diverse learning profiles, including language-based learning disabilities and ADHD.
- Teach courses such as Algebra I and Algebra II, Introductory & Advanced Coding, and Chemistry
- Developing an engaging, inquiry-based curriculum with the assistance of the department chair
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Attend selective professional development conferences/seminars to further enhance professional knowledge
- Provide support to several students as their Advisor, the main communicative link between students and their families.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and administrators.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in teaching and learning and a positive growth mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in a math or science discipline (Master's preferred, Special Education preferred)
- Experience teaching students with learning differences preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Experience with technology integration
- Experience with differentiated instruction
- A passion for innovative instruction techniques and commitment to Purnell’s learning and wellness approach to education
Please submit letter of interest, c.v., and three contacts to serve as references to Bryanna Gallagher, STEM Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Admissions and Enrollment
Purnell School seeks a Director of Admissions and Enrollment with an entrepreneurial approach
and the creative spirit to drive enrollment and spearhead outreach initiatives. The Director of
Admissions and Enrollment reports directly to the Head of School and works with the CFO and
Advancement Office. The Director is a member of the School’s Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities: Leadership and Management
- Recruit, develop and implement strategies to retain high-quality applicants to our school
- Design and implement new short- and long-term strategies and enrollment initiatives to widen our admissions funnel and increase enrollment
- Track, evaluate, and report recruitment and enrollment data for external and internal purposes
- Build a strong and extensive network of relationships with schools, families, educational consultants, and the community writ large.
- Work with senior leadership, faculty, Board and other school constituencies to develop and articulate admissions priorities and philosophy
- Provide regular reports and planning documents to Head of School and the Board on the results of admissions activity
- Work in close coordination with the Business Office to prepare and manage the departmental budget, monitoring all expenditures to assure compliance with the policies of school, including financial aid awards
- Create annual retention plan; oversee/assist with re-enrollment process
- Work with Advancement Office to promote awareness of Purnell, communications with alumnae community; meet with donors interested in supporting tuition assistance program
Recruitment/Admissions/Financial Aid Activities
- Serve as the primary contact for admissions
- Represent the school at key conferences throughout the year
- Establish relationships with other schools
- Plan and manage Open Houses, and other events in the admissions cycle
- Select, train, and support student ambassadors
- Build relationships with parents for admissions outreach
- Work with Communications Coordinator to manage our website admissions portal and admissions-related social media, community events, flyers, etc.
- Communicate regularly, warmly, and clearly with families throughout the inquiry, admissions, financial aid, and enrollment processes
- Review and read applications; interview prospective students; respond to applicant inquiries; and counsels’ prospective students and their families regarding the admissions process, school programs, etc.
- Assist in the evaluation and decision process of the Admissions Committee for establishing admissions standards and for evaluating and making final admit/deny decisions
- Work with the Enrollment Coordinator to review financial aid applications to determine family’s ability to pay and eligibility for school funds
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 3 years experience in independent school admissions and/or communications and marketing, preferably in the non-profit sector and including prior leadership experience
- Ability to articulate what makes our school’s education and community unique
- Experience with marketing strategy and experience in brand management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as a proven ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to both lead and execute; detail and results oriented
- Outstanding judgment and maturity
- A high level of energy, creativity and flexibility
- Office technology skills, including data management and enrollment systems, preferably Blackbaud
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative
- Energized by a fast-paced professional environment
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and three contacts for references to Anne M. Glass,
Head of School, at email@example.com.
Full-time Director level position, full benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with
experience. On-campus housing available without charge.
Educational Technology Specialist
世界杯投注We are looking for an Educational Technology Specialist to work with both the faculty and students to develop effective strategies for integrating technology into the curriculum. Preferably, this position also includes teaching a course in Coding. This is a 10-month full time position eligible for benefits available to 10-month employees.
- Actively support the mission of Purnell School in the execution of his/her role and responsibilities.
- Spearhead technology initiatices that support teaching and learning.
- Model a passion for technology and education.
- Develop and teach computer science classes, e.g. Introduction to Coding
- Collaborate with the academic departments and cuntional area coordinators on specific needs and growth opportunities.
- Contribute with the academic departments and functional area coordinators on specific needs and growth opportunities.
- Contribute to professional development activites by developing, coordinating, and teaching workshops and classes for faculty and professional staff on instructional and administrative applications of various technologies.
- Provide technical curriculum assistance to students regarding device usage, software applications, and the general instructional technology in the classroom.
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new faculty, administration, and students to optimize device usage within the guidelines of the school's Responsible Use Policy.
- Work collaboratively with the School's IT consultant to support the data network, backup systems, firewall, databases, servers, printers, and telephone systems.
- Collaborate with the Finance Office to develop and manage the School's overall technology budget.
- Work with the IT consultant to manage the inventory of school-owned or leased IT/AV equipment.
- Collaborate with the IT consultant to provide maintenance and support for all classroom technology, office technology, and audio-vidual systems throughout the School.
- Assess and respond to technology needs as voiced by faculty, administration, and staff, involving the IT consultant as needed.
- Serve as liaison of technology to the department chairs, academic and administrative teams.
- Network with local, regional, and national technology and education associations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or other related field. Master's degree preferred, though not required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team framework.
- Experience with working with students preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Expertise in Apple Hardware, MAC OS, Microsoft PC and Office Suite, G Suite in Education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interest or experience in pedagogy and innovation.
Physical and Work Environment:
Frequently lift up to 35 lbs. of computer equipment.
Crawl under or around furniture to install computer equipment.
Climb ladders and reach to install computer wiring and perform other tasks.
School has multiple buildings, to traveling among them is required. There are no elevators in any of the buildings; most are three levels or less (basement, main level, and upper level).
世界杯投注 Work in standard office conditions and climate.
Please send resume, statement of interest, and three references to HR@bodydynamicspt.com.